The birthplace of Lord Rama, Ayodhya, has been lit up with 15 lakh 76 thousand “diyas” at Ram Ki Paidi on the banks of the sacred Saryu River, setting a new Guinness World Record for the “Largest Display of Oil Lamps.” The record has been made on October 23, 2022, the day before Diwali (Choti Diwali), in the presence of PM Narendra Modi making Ayodhya Deepotsav 2022 a great success.
The record was largely created with the help of the students and teachers of Awadh University in Ayodhya. 15,76,000 diyas were lit by more than 20,000 volunteers. On the 37 ghats of Ram Ki Paidi, a total of 17 lakh clay lamps were lit. However, the Guinness Book of World Records only considered diyas that was light for at least five minutes. The world records organisation also stipulated that the diyas had to be lit within a 40-minute window.
A representative from the Guinness Book of Records was present to record all the events. ” We’re going to record how many lamps are still on after five minutes”, the representative said. Drones have been deployed to record the activities, and we will review the footage before announcing the results of the final count, he added.
Following the event’s success, Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented State Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath with a coveted achievement certificate. Over 50000 people were gathered around the ghat when the grand record was made. The city erupted in “Jai Shri Ram” chanting as soon as it was revealed by Guinness Book of World Records representatives that the world record has been made.
Ayodhya is a historic city in Uttar Pradesh in India. It is the birthplace of Lord Ram. The city is one of the most important cities in Uttar Pradesh and has many historical monuments and places to visit. Ayodhya is renowned for its historical significance as well as its religious significance. Ayodhya is home to many tourist attractions including Shri Ram Janmabhoomi, Hanuman Garhi mandir, Kanak Bhawan temple, Nageshwarnath Temple, etc.
Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram for daily travel content and tips where we help travellers like you have the best travel experience.
- Kedarnath Will Soon Get The Ropeway Facility From Sonprayag; Know Details
- Fifth Vande Bharat Express to Run Chennai- Bengaluru- Mysuru route from Nov 10; Know Stations, Features & othe
- Vande Bharat Express To Run Between Chandigarh To Delhi From Oct 19; Know Timings, Fare, Stations & Other Deta
- Akasa Air To Allow Pets On Board: Know Rules, Charges & Other Details To Carry Animals On Flights
- IRCTC Online Medical Tourism Services, Know Packages, Rates, How To Avail and Other Details
- Kashmir Has Its First Ever Electric Train Operational, Know Other Details
- IRCTC Is Providing 10-Day Bharat Nepal Ashtha Yatra Travel Package, Know Price, Date, Duration, Exclusions And
- The government of Haryana plans to build the largest jungle safari park in the world in the Aravalli
- No Commercial Activities Within 500 Meters of Taj Mahal Order Supreme Court
- IRCTC Allows Passengers To Track PNR And Live Train Status Via WhatsApp; Know How To Check
- Canada Will Drop All COVID-19 Restrictions For Travelers From October 1
- Durga Puja 2022: Kolkata Houses Vatican City Theme Pandal