Dubai’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) has announced that it has activated an online service to issue prior entry permits to travellers residing in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries who wish to visit the UAE.
According to a recent announcement made by GDRFA on their official social media accounts, they have activated a new service to issue a prior online entry permit for travellers who reside in GCC countries.
The purpose of this service is to ensure a hassle-free entry process into the UAE for these travellers.
Entry Permit for Residents in the GCC Countries
with the Entry Permit, Residents of GCC countries, their dependents, and accompanying travellers can stay in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for 30 days. However, the option to extend the entry visa for an additional 30 days is no longer available, and instead, travellers must leave the country and apply for a new visa if they wish to stay longer.
Conditions to Meet for Application
To apply for the entry permit, GCC residents must meet certain conditions, including having a valid residence permit from a GCC country for at least one year, having no restrictions preventing entry into the UAE, and having a work or residency card that includes their profession.
GDRFA has also outlined certain conditions that applicants need to meet in order to apply for the service. These conditions are as follows:
- The applicant must have a valid GCC country residence permit for at least one year.
- There should be no restrictions that prevent the traveller from entering the UAE.
- The work or residency card must include the profession
Documents Required for Application
As per the official website of GDRFA, applicants from the GCC countries need to submit the following documents to apply for the Entry Permit to the UAE.,.
- Original passport.
- Upon arrival, present the original residence permit issued by a GCC country.
- A civil or labour card.
The application process involves filling out an online form, uploading required documents, and making a fee payment. If the application is approved, the entry permit is issued within 48 hours.
The following steps need to be taken for the application process:
- Visit the online service ‘Entry permit for residents in GCC countries’ and click on ‘Start service’.
- Register or log in to your online account. If you have an existing GDRFA account or a UAE Pass, you can use that to log in to the GDRFA’s online services portal. Otherwise, click on ‘Register now’ and follow the steps to create an account.
- Fill in the form by providing personal details.
- Upload the required documents as mentioned above.
- Make the fee payment, using a credit or debit card.
- Submit the application.
Fees and Processing Time
The fee for the entry permit is Dh250 plus Value Added Tax (5%). According to GDRFA, if the application is approved, the entry permit will be issued within 48 hours.
In conclusion, this online service is expected to streamline the entry process for GCC residents visiting the UAE and provide a convenient and hassle-free application process.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!