According to a press release from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the registration for an H-1B Visa is set to begin tomorrow, March 1 and will continue until March 17, 2023.
During this time, petitioners and representatives will be able to complete and submit their registrations using the immigration department’s online H-1B registration system, myUSCIS.
H-1B Visa Registrations for Financial Year 2024
Interested employers must create an account with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (UCIS), fill out all of the required information, and submit their registration.
Upon successful registration, the UCIS will assign a confrontation number to each registration submitted for an H-1B visa in order to track registrations in the service. The assigned number will only be used to track registrations and will not be used to check the case status in Case Status online.
“Prospective H-1B cap-subject petitioners or their representatives are required to use a myUSCIS online account to register each beneficiary electronically for the selection process and pay the associated $10 H-1B registration fee for each registration submitted on behalf of each beneficiary,” the department said in a statement.
Also Read: US to Allow H-1B And L1 Holders to Renew Visas Without Leaving Country
How to Register for US H-1B Visa Online?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to register for an H-1B visa electronically:
- Create a myUSCIC account to apply for registration. You can do this by visiting and following the instructions.
- If you are submitting your own registration, use a “registrant” account.
- The process of new account creation began at noon Eastern on Feb 21. After the account creation, representatives can add clients to their accounts at any time.
- Wait until March 1 to enter the details of the beneficiaries. Afterwards, you have to submit a registration fee of $10 for each beneficiary. It is possible to enter the details of multiple beneficiaries in a single session.
- It would be possible to edit, prepare, and store information as a draft through the account till the final payment.
- The US government will notify the account holders about the final selections by March 31.
- If the department received enough applications by March 17, it will randomly select registrations and send selection notifications via users’ myUSCIS online accounts. However, if there are a nominal number of registrations, the department will wait until the end of the initial registration period to notify the selection.
- After receiving approval, you need to submit your formal and detailed H-1B petitions to the USCIS which should be completed within 90 days.
Details Required in H-1B Visa Application
The following are the essential details that need to be filled in the H-1B visa application:
1. Sponsoring Company Details: The applicant needs to provide complete details about the sponsoring company, including its name and address.
2. Employer Identification Number: The applicant should also provide the Employer Identification Number (EIN) of the sponsoring company.
3. Official Name of the Beneficiary Employee: The official name of the H-1B beneficiary employee must be provided, which should match their passport name.
4. Gender and Date of Birth: The applicant also needs to mention the gender and date of birth of the beneficiary employee.
5. Country of Birth and Citizenship: The applicant should provide the country of birth and citizenship of the beneficiary employee.
6. Passport Details: The details of the beneficiary employee’s passport, including the passport number, should also be filled in the application.
Overview of US H-1B Visa
The H-1B visa is a type of non-immigrant work visa that allows highly skilled foreign workers to live and work in the US. This visa category is the only way for US-based employers to hire foreign workers for specialised jobs, particularly in IT, finance, engineering, architecture, and other fields.
The H-1B visa is generally valid for three years and can be extended for up to three more years, for a total validity of six years.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!