IRCTC as always took one more move for their passengers to provide them with hassle-free travel by planning a customized menu. The Railway Board has requested that the catering and tourist division, IRCTC, modify its menu to accommodate diabetics, young children, and health enthusiasts.
Now, it may also include regional and local cuisines, as well as foods that are healthy and suitable for babies & health-conscious individuals. With this modification, consumers will have more options and the culinary services on trains will be better. Currently, the Railway Board must provide its approval before the IRCTC may launch menus, which are primarily made up of regular food items and beverages.
The Railways Board stated in the note that the decision was made to grant IRCTC the flexibility to customize the menu in order to include items of regional cuisines or preferences, seasonal delicacies, requirements during festivals, food items as per the preferences of different groups of passengers, such as diabetic food, baby food, health food options, including millet-based local products, among others.
For “prepaid” trains, when the cost of catering is already included in the ticket price for passengers, the Railways Board also indicated that the IRCTC will select the menu. Additionally, these “prepaid” trains will be able to sell a-la-carte meals and branded food items from MRP. The IRCTC would set the menu and price of such a-la-carte meals, it was reported.
The IRCTC will choose the budget segment menu items, such as standard meals, for other Mail/Express trains within the already-notified set pricing. It was mentioned that the “Janta” dinner menu and price would not change.
What is a la carte?
A-la-carte meals are not part of the meal plan and may be more costly than regular meal plans. But they do offer some flexibility, allowing you to order exactly what you want instead of having to pay for a selection box. You can order any item on the menu individually, instead of getting a set meal.
Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram for daily travel content and tips where we help travellers like you have the best travel experience.
- IRCTC Latest Update: Indian Railways Cancels Nearly 180 Trains on November 11
- Fifth Vande Bharat Express to Run Chennai- Bengaluru- Mysuru route from Nov 10; Know Stations, Features & othe
- Vande Bharat Express To Run Between Chandigarh To Delhi From Oct 19; Know Timings, Fare, Stations & Other Deta
- IRCTC Online Medical Tourism Services, Know Packages, Rates, How To Avail and Other Details
- IRCTC Is Providing 10-Day Bharat Nepal Ashtha Yatra Travel Package, Know Price, Date, Duration, Exclusions And
- IRCTC Allows Passengers To Track PNR And Live Train Status Via WhatsApp; Know How To Check
- The Jyotirlinga Yatra Introduced By IRCTC, Know Cost, Duration, Facilities and Other Details
- Navratri 2022: IRCTC Launches Special Vrat Thali For Fasting Passengers; Know Items, Price And How To Order
- The Chenab Bridge: World’s Highest Rail Bridge
- IRCTC announces Bharat Gaurav Navratri Special Tourist Train to Katra; Know Fare, schedule & other details
- Most Scenic Train Journeys to Take in South India
- Historic Moment For Nagaland As It Gets Its 2nd Railway Station After 119 Years