You can see regiment over regiment marching on the Kartavya Path at the India Gate in Delhi on January 26th. Every year, people from all across India come to witness the incredible event of parade at the national capital’s Kartavya Path.
On Republic Day, ceremonious parades are performed as a tribute to the country, its unity in diversity, and its rich cultural heritage by all the states and all branches of the army. Rehearsal for the Republic Day parade 2023 has begun at Kartavya Path in Delhi amid the biting cold. 2023 will mark the 74th Republic Day for India. The day also marks the country’s transition to a republic on January 26, 1950, when the Constitution of India came into effect.
This year, Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi will be the chief guest on the occasion.
Armed forces personnel, Delhi Police personnel, and others rehearsed for the Republic Parade 2023 on Wednesday and Thursday.
Every year, the celebrations mark the day by featuring spectacular military and cultural pageantry. The celebrations which are inaugurated with a grand parade held from Raisina Hill near the Rashtrapati Bhavan, along the Kartavya path, past India Gate, and onto the iconic Red Fort.
Have you booked your tickets for Republic day 2023?
On Friday, Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt launched the Government’s e-governance initiative in the national capital.
The platform provides the facility to issue online passes to dignitaries, guests along with the provision for the general public.
• QR code-based authentication for enhanced security.
• Digital delivery of passes/tickets through emails/sms.
• Non-cancellable and non-transferrable tickets.
• RSVP option for passes to seek acceptance from invitees
• Only 10 tickets can be booked from one registered mobile number.
Here is a Step by Step guide to booking tickets for republic day 2023 –
1. Go to and register with your mobile number.
2. Enter the Captcha code and fill in the required personal details of the individuals attending the event.
3. After filling in the details, enter the OTP.
4. Next, choose the ticket of your choice.
5. After all details are duly filled in, make an online payment.
By extending e-invitations through the portal, the booths/counters for the purchase of tickets will be set up at the following locations-
Sena Bhawan (Gate No 2)
• Shastri Bhawan (Gate No 3)
• Jantar Mantar (Near Main Gate)
• Pragati Maidan (Gate No 1)
• Parliament House (Reception Office) – Special counter for MPs (Will Open on 18.01.2023)
The timings will be forenoon (1000 hrs to 1230 hrs) and afternoon (1400 hrs to 1630 hrs). Check the official website to know more.