As we reported earlier that the Thai Govt considering imposing travel restrictions on international travellers, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has announced new guidelines for international arrivals and requiring all travellers to present a full vaccination certificate upon arrival in Thailand starting January 09, 2023.
The Aviation Authority in a circular issued to all airlines worldwide informed that all passengers over the age of 18 must provide evidence of full vaccination for flights arriving in Thailand on or after Monday, January 9th.
Thailand’s New Guidelines For International Travellers
According to the updated guidelines, effective from January 9th at 1:00 a.m. until January 31st at 4:59 p.m., require all travellers to follow the guidelines outlined below.
1. Passengers over the age of 18 years old travelling to Thailand are required to present a vaccination certificate or a letter from a doctor stating that they have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 6 months (180 days).
2. Passengers coming from countries with measures in place to prevent people infected with COVID from returning must also have health insurance covering COVID treatment for the duration of their trip in Thailand. Expats with Thai social security are exempt from this requirement.
3. Thai passport holders are exempt from presenting vaccination and health insurance documents. Passengers in transit are also exempt from presenting these documents.
4. Airlines are responsible for checking the required documents and must refuse boarding to passengers who are unable to present them.
5. Airlines must also follow guidelines such as requiring passengers to wear masks throughout the journey, except during meals or in emergency situations.
6. Passengers displaying symptoms of COVID-19 during the journey will be advised to undergo a test upon arrival at their destination.
It is worth noting that those who have not been vaccinated must have a letter from a doctor explaining their inability to be vaccinated.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!