As you may be aware that recently, the Federal Authority for Identity, Customs, and Ports Security in the UAE has announced a number of updates to its smart services system. The modifications are part of an ongoing effort to improve the system and provide high-quality services to all users, including citizens, residents, and visitors.
According to a report by Emirates News Agency (WAM), the updates come into effect on February 1, 2023. There are fifteen new changes in total, covering a wide range of services.
Also Read: UAE Re-entry Permit for Residency Visa Holders: Fees, Fines, and Exemptions
Key Updates to Smart Services System
We have chosen six of the 15 updates that the Federal Authority for Identity, Customs, and Port Security recently made to the Smart Services System in the United Arab Emirates. Let’s take a look at these updates.
1. Group Family Visas for Tourism and Treatment: One of the most important updates is the issuance of group family visas for tourism and treatment. These visas will be available for both single and multiple entries and will be valid for periods of 60 and 180 days.
2. Patient Companionship for Visitors: Another new feature is patient companionship, which will also be available for both single and multiple entries and will be valid for periods of 60 and 180 days.
3. Citizens with Disabilities Exempt from Fingerprinting: For citizens with disabilities, there is some good news too. They will be exempt from the fingerprinting requirement when applying for passport issuance, renewal, or replacement.
4. Visa Extension Services Expanded: Visa extension services will also be expanded to allow for a 30-day extension for one-time holders of 90-day visas. However, this will not include the renewal of residency visas that are valid for more than six months.
5. Cancellation and Amendment Services: For Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) citizens who do not have Emirates ID, cancellation and amendment services for visa data in their accounts will be available.
6. Visit Visa Extension Made Easy: Finally, the extension of visit visas for a relative or friend will also be made easy in UAE with Smart Services Update and the same will be available for single or multiple entries, for periods of 30, 60, and 90 days in their accounts.
Must Read: ICP Increases Fees for Golden Visa Applications in UAE
These updates mark an important step forward in the evolution of the UAE’s smart services system. Users can expect more efficient, user-friendly, and high-quality services in the future with these changes in place.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!