The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has recently introduced a five-year multiple-entry tourist visa, offering travellers an extended opportunity to explore the country’s diverse attractions. With its captivating architectural wonders and breathtaking natural landscapes, the UAE has become a sought-after destination for tourists worldwide.
UAE’s 5-Years Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa
The new visa allows visitors to enter the UAE multiple times within a year, without the need for a sponsor, and stay for a maximum of 180 days annually. The duration of each stay can vary, with options for 30, 60, or 90 days, totalling up to 180 days in a year.
To apply for the visa, interested individuals can submit their applications through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai.
This visa will greatly benefit companies sending their employees for meetings, conferences, and other events in the UAE, as well as individuals who frequently visit their family members residing in the country.
Applicants must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the multiple-entry tourist visa. These include;
- Passport Validity: The passport should have a minimum validity of six months from the date of application.
- Round-Trip Flight Tickets: Applicants must provide proof of a booked round-trip ticket to the UAE, indicating their intention to return to their home country after their visit.
- Valid Insurance Coverage: It is mandatory to possess valid insurance coverage in the UAE. Applicants must provide proof of insurance that covers their entire duration of stay in the country.
- Health Insurance: is another requirement for obtaining a five-year visa, and the cost varies based on the duration of the visa. For a 30-day visa, the health insurance cost is AED 40, for a 60-day visa it is AED 60, and for a 90-day visa, it is AED 90.
Apart from the above requirements, applicants must demonstrate financial stability by maintaining a bank balance equivalent to at least US Dollars 4,000 (Rs 3,26,841) during the six months prior to the application date. This requirement ensures that applicants have sufficient funds to support their stay in the UAE.
Below are the key points regarding the visa fees and additional expenses for the multiple-entry tourist visa:
- Visa Fees: The cost of the visa depends on the duration of stay and the information provided in the application.
- 30-day stay: The visa fee is AED 300.
- 60-day stay: The visa fee is AED 500.
- 90-day stay: The visa fee is AED 700.
- Please note that these fees are subject to a 5% value-added tax (VAT).
- Additional Expenses:
- Guarantee: Applicants are required to provide a guarantee amounting to AED 2,000.
- Warranty service fee: An additional fee of AED 20 is applicable for the warranty service.
It’s important to consider these fees and expenses while applying for a multiple-entry tourist visa to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process.
Applicants should also be aware of any additional fees that may be levied if the sponsor lives in the nation. These expenses include an AED 10 knowledge fee, an AED 10 innovation fee, and an AED 500 interior fee.
The process to Apply for UAE’s Five-Year Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to obtain a five-year multiple-entry tourist visa for UAE:
Step 1: Create an account on the GDRFA website
- Visit the official website of GDRFA at gdrfad.gov.ae/en and click on the ‘Login’ option in the menu bar.
- Choose the ‘Register’ option.
- Provide your email ID, name, and password to create your account.
- Submit your full name, email ID, and date of birth.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ to receive a one-time password on your registered email ID.
- Enter the OTP and complete the captcha verification.
- Congratulations! You have now successfully registered with the GDRFA.
Step 2: Choose the multiple-entry tourist visa service
- Access the GDRFA smart services platform.
- On the dashboard, click on ‘New application’.
- Select ‘New five-year tourism entry permit’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 3: Fill out the online application form
- Provide details related to your journey and personal information.
- Choose ‘Tourism’ as the purpose of your visit, and the system will automatically set the validity as ‘five years’ with a ‘multiple’ entry permit.
- Enter your passport details, including category, number, and nationality.
- Submit the details of the applicants. If applying from the UAE, additional fees may be required to change the visa status.
- Add personal details, such as the full name of your mother in both English and Arabic (English name auto-fills Arabic name).
- Specify your marital status.
- Provide information about your religion, faith, educational qualifications, and current employment.
- Enter your mother tongue.
- Specify the country from which you will be travelling to the UAE.
- Fill in your contact details, including your email ID and mobile number.
- Choose the language in which you wish to receive SMS alerts.
- Provide your UAE address, including the emirate, city, area, street, building or villa, floor, flat/villa number, and ‘Makani’ number or nearest landmark.
- Enter your address outside the UAE, including the country, city, address, and mobile number.
- Click ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Upload the required documents
- Upload the necessary documents in PDF or JPEG format as requested by the website.
Step 5: Pay the fees
- After completing the application form, proceed to the payment section on the GDRFA platform.
- Pay the applicable fees using a debit or credit card.
Step 6: Submit the application
- After the payment is made, submit the application.
- You will receive a reference number that can be used to track the status of your application.
Step 7: Receive your visa
- Once your application for the multiple-entry tourist visa is approved, you will receive notifications through SMS and email.
- You will also receive a digital copy of the permit in your email.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can successfully apply for and obtain a five-year multiple-entry tourist visa for the UAE.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!